Record Store Day is (kinda) back for another round this year with a RSD Drop at independent record stores on June 18.
Yeah, we did the whole Record Store Day thing back on April 23. Unfortunately, manufacturing and shipping issues meant not everything was ready for that date.
Enter the RSD Drop. The RSD Drop concept came about in 2020 when we were all deep into the pandemic.
What seemed like a one-time workaround, ended up being a useful tool for organizers to use when encountering issues leading up to the traditional Record Store Day annual event.
Here are the 10 albums you’ll most and least likely find at your local store for the RSD Drop on June 18.
Most Likely To Find
- Prince “The Gold Experience” (24,150 copies)
- Pearl Jam “Live On Two Legs” (20,600 copies)
- Viktor Vaughn “Vaudeville Villain” (10,000 copies)
- Miles Davis “What It Is: Montreal 7/7/83” (10,000 copies)
- Wilco “Cruel Country (Pre-Release Limited Edition)” (8,000 copies)
- Kali Uchis “Sin Miedo (Del Amore y Otros Demonios)” (8,000 copies)
- Jerry Garcia Acoustic Band “Ragged But Right” (7,500 copies)
- Tyler Bates and Various Artists “Music From The Motion Picture ‘Watchmen'” (7,000 copies)
- The Who “It’s Hard (40th Anniversary)” (6,000 copies)
- The Paul Butterfield Blues Band “The Original Lost Elektra Sessions (Expanded),” Collective Soul “Disciplined Breakdown,” Creedence Clearwater Revival “Travelin’ Band (Live At Royal Albert Hall, 1970),” Peter Gabriel “Live Blood,” My Morning Jacket “Live From RCA Studio A (Jim James Acoustic),” Various Artists “Go Ahead Punk… Make My Day” (5,000 copies)
Least Likely To Find
- Warrior Soul “Odds & Ends” (500 copies)
- Keith Richards “Talk Is Cheap/Live At The Hollywood Palladium” (650 copies)
- Mike Watt + Larry Mullins “Fun House” (750 copies)
- Supergrass “Moving” (900 copies)
- Super Furry Animals “(Brawd Bach) – Rings Around The World” (900 copies)
- Night Beats “Live At Valentine” (900 copies)
- The Go! Team “Proof of Youth” (900 copies)
- Field Music “Plumb” (900 copies)
- John Williams “Lost In Space: Title Themes From The Hit TV Series” (950 copies)
- The Album Leaf “Past and Future Tense” (950 copies)
A total of 87 special releases have been announced so far for the RSD Drop. Get the complete list here.