Record Store Day’s Black Friday event returns Nov. 29 with nearly 200 special releases. Of course we know that not all of them will be available regardless of how early we lineup outside the store.
According to Record Store Day’s website, these will be the 5 most available special releases on Black Friday this year:
- Pearl Jam “MTV Unplugged (3/16/1992)” (13,000 copies): Record Store Day 2019 ambassadors Pearl Jam give us seven songs recorded for the iconic MTV acoustic series, “Unplugged.” All seven songs are from the “Ten” era of the band. This recording was previously released as a DVD.
- Paul McCartney “Home Tonight/In A Hurry” (12,000 copies): This limited edition 7-inch vinyl picture disc will feature the two songs recorded during the making of Sir Paul’s 2018 album, “Egypt Station.”
- Phish “Story Of The Ghost” (8,000 copies): Phish’s 1998 album “The Story of the Ghost” gets remastered and released on 180-gram vinyl. This double album will also be foil-stamped for RSD Black Friday.
- U2 “Three” (7,000 copies): This three-song EP was originally released in Ireland in 1979 and features “Out of Control,” “Stories for Boys” and “Boy-Girl.” To celebrate the 40th anniversary of its release, “Three” will be remastered and distributed as a limited, numbered edition.
- Lizzo “Coconut Oil” (5,500 copies): 2019 has clearly been Lizzo’s year, so it is no surprise we are getting a special for RSD Black Friday this year. This six-song EP was first released in 2016. For Black Friday, “Coconut Oil” will be available on white vinyl packaged inside a coconut-scented insert.
Get the full list of RSD Black Friday 2019 releases here.